Congratulations! We are so excited to have you joining us for KetoCon 2019!
We will do everything we can to make sure you have an absolutely awesome KetoCon experience. But in order to make that happen, we really need your help! It is extremely important that you take ALL of the following steps:
The Palmer Event Center requires a completed Sample Food and Beverage Form from all exhibitors that are offering food and/or beverage samples.
- All fields on this form need to be completed or it will be returned to you.
- Sample beverages are limited to 3 ounces.
- Sample food items are limited to 1 ounce “bite size”.
- Submit the Sample Food and Beverage Form by email to: email@example.com.
- The Sample Food and Beverage Form must be submitted by June 1, 2019.
Step 2: Travis County Health Permit
The Travis County Health Department has specific rules and guidelines that apply to conferences and vendors that are handing out food samples. According the to Health Department, KetoCon is considered a “Temporary Food Event”. As such, it is required that we obtain a Health Permit on your behalf. It is critical that you follow each of the steps below. NOTE: This form numbered “Page 3 of 4”. It is part of a much larger document that we are responsible for submitting to the Health Department. It is only one page that you are required to complete.
- First, download and print the Temporary Food Event/Responsible Party ID form.
- ALL fields need to be completed.
- Follow the steps below (in the order that they appear on the form) to be certain your paperwork is completed correctly.
- “Print your name”: This is the name of the person (Responsible Party) who will be on-site, at the event, and responsible for your booth.
- “Booth Name”: This is the company name or product name on your sponsor application.
- “Type of food/beverage to be served”: Name the food and/or beverages you plan to offer as samples.
- The first food section is where you add the name of your manufacturing or food production facility. If you are sampling, for instance, a meal replacement shake or bar, the name of the manufacturing facility would be added here.
- The second section applies if you are purchasing from a grocery store, restaurant or other retail establishment and bringing food directly to the event. You must provide the facility name, address and phone number. And remember to retain your receipts because the Health Department may ask for them.
- The bottom section requires the signature, printed name, date of signing, phone number, mailing address, Driver’s License Number & State as well as the Date of Birth of the RESPONSIBLE PARTY identified above.
- Once you have completed all of the above steps, scan your fully completed form and email to the Ketovangelist Team by June 1, 2019. If we do not have your form, we cannot obtain the permit on your behalf, and you will not be able to offer samples during the show.
- The Health Department will inspect all booths during KetoCon at an unannounced time. If you do not have a permit, they will not allow you to continue handing out samples.
- The Set Up Guide is provided by the Travis County Health Department.
- It is MANDATORY that you have a hand washing station in your booth in order to comply with the Health Department requirements of Temporary Food Vendors. Make sure you review the various options and contact the Travis County Health Department directly at (512) 978-0300 if you have any questions.
- Please be aware – If you fail to obtain the proper hand washing supplies for your booth, the Health Department will shut down your booth for the remainder of the show.
Lone Star Decorating is the Service Contractor for KetoCon 2019. Lone Star is responsible for accepting shipment of your booth materials, setting up the exhibitor floor, offering additional booth items (such as furniture and carpeting), providing set up assistance before the show and helping to dismantle your booth after the show.
- Pay very close attention to the Quick Tips and instructions on pages 2 & 3.
- Lone Star will deliver SWAG bag contributions (if your sponsor package includes adding product to the SWAG Bags) to our Volunteer Station on set-up day. If you have purchased a Sponsor Package that includes adding product to the SWAG bags, be absolutely certain to CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY mark the boxes containing the product as SWAG. This will avoid packages being lost or delayed. If shipping SWAG as part of a large palette, place the SWAG boxes on top.
- Porter Service can be purchased from Lone Star in order to empty waste baskets daily. Otherwise, your staff will be responsible.
- Once you’ve completed the necessary forms, scan and submit your completed order by email to Lone Star, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (806) 762-4099.
- In order to receive Lone Star discounted pricing you must submit your paid in full order to Lone Star by June 12, 2019.
- You can reach Lone Star Decorating at (806) 762-4112 with additional questions.